The Hotel Restaurant Milano is located in a monumental building. Over the years the building has maintained its characteristic Liberty style architecture and artistic appearance of the year 1900. During the second world war, and the war of the Republic of Saló the building has been used for different purposes. From 1936 to 1944 was the OND (Organizzazione Nazionale Dopo Lavoro founded in the fascist time, with the aim of shaping the free time of the employees) stationed in the building. Afterwards it has been claimed and taken into use as army base for the SS (Schutzstaffel) and the Quarantesimo Battaglione Guardia Nazionale (40th Battalion of the National Republic Guards) and then to act as main base for the partisans and the Americans. Of great significance are the furniture in Liberty-style and the paintings created by the former artistic owner Federico Vaglia.